Come join the Connolly Ranch team! Connect kids and families to nature through farm-based education and enjoy mornings like this.
Connolly Ranch Education Center is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants with diverse backgrounds, experiences, ability and perspectives are encouraged to apply.
Farm Manager Job Description
Connolly Ranch Education Center
Connolly Ranch Education Center seeks an experienced Farm Manager who will be responsible for day-to-day upkeep, maintenance and repair of the farm facilities, including animals, gardens, trails and buildings, in a manner that is safe and appropriate for providing hands-on, farm-based educational programs. Connolly Ranch Education Center is a nonprofit organization providing farm-based environmental education to over 10,000 children and adults each year on its farm in Napa, California. The Farm Manager reports to the Executive Director. Learn and apply more here
Connolly Ranch Summer Camp Counselor
Timeline: June 5 – August 18, 2017
Camp counselors will serve as educators for well-respected environmental summer day camps at Connolly Ranch. Summer camps at Connolly Ranch offer enticing opportunities for kids to unplug and tune in to the natural world. Over twelve weeks of summer, there are multiple one-week camp options that change weekly and include: Junior Farmers (ages 3-5), Life on the Farm (ages 5-9), Farm to Table (ages 6-12), Art Exploration (ages 5-9), and Connolly Ranch Stewards (ages 9-13). Camp activities include outdoor nature activities, animal care, gardening, cooking, arts and crafts, games, fort building, hiking and more.
Camp instructors strive to foster an appreciation and understanding of the natural world by helping children develop a sense of place, build knowledge, and encourage healthy, sustainable lifestyles. We are seeking dynamic counselors interested in environmental and agricultural education that will enhance camper’s ecological awareness and provide fun hands-on learning opportunities in a community-minded and non-competitive atmosphere.
Learn more and apply here.
Nature-based Early Childhood Educator at Connolly Ranch
Connolly Ranch Education Center seeks a passionate, playful, creative, and energetic early child educator for our outdoor, nature-based programs for children ages 3-5. The ideal candidate is confident leading groups of small children (5-24 kids) with a background that includes prior working experience with farm animals, organic gardening, hiking, cooking, art and developing activities that engage young children in innovative and meaningful experiences in nature.
Learn more and apply here.
Administrative and Development Assistant
Connolly Ranch is looking for a part-time or full-time administrative and development assistant who is motivated, organized, meticulous and is able to work in a team environment. The right individual will also value the importance of Connolly Ranch’s mission to connect children and families with nature through farm-based education.
- Schedule meetings, take notes, direct phone calls, manage office calendar and special projects calendars
- Handle and direct incoming and outgoing mail, process bills for office expenses (phone, internet, utilities, etc.), manage office supply inventory and ordering
- Manage outside vendors, e.g. tech support, utilities (phone, internet), copy machine, negotiate contracts with vendors as assigned
- Maintain office equipment, maintain staff and board contact lists, general office maintenance
- Assist in recruiting and processing volunteers
- Provide support for program, classes and events, including creating attendance forms, set up, greeting of guests, and follow-up
- Assist the executive director in coordinating and planning board meetings and events
- Order food and refreshments for meetings, parties and events
- Assist with the production (project management; content generation, writing, and editing) of newsletter; periodic support as needed on other marketing collateral; maintain website content
- Prepare written and presentation materials as needed
- Assist Executive Director as needed
- Support managers as needed
- Deposits and bills
- Data entry, tracking donations
- Producing donation reports
- Producing acknowledgement letters and donation receipts
- Assisting with large mailing projects
- Planning social media posts and other communications
- Assisting with miscellaneous special events tasks
- Tracking grants
- Assist with donor relations and fundraising initiative as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, in both written and verbal communications
- Positive, approachable and works well with people
- Experience with Google Apps and Microsoft Office
- Works well in a team environment
- Proficient with online program systems with and ability to learn systems used for programs at Connolly Ranch; Active, Neon, WordPress, Mailchimp
- Strong interpersonal communication
- Quick learner and a reliable self-starter with ability to work to high standards without close supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with colleagues in a mission-based environment
- Reliability especially as it pertains to timeliness and deadlines
- Ability to prioritize tasks and always get the most important thing done during busy seasons
- Must clear a background check
- Must be able to work on site during some nights and weekends, especially during Connolly Ranch’s events including: Harvest Festival, Dinner at the Ranch, Earth Night and others
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. and perform outdoor tasks on occasion
Connolly Ranch provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume and salary history via email to email@example.com with the subject line “Administrative and Development Assistant.”