CONNOLLY RANCH EVENTS MANAGER
Connolly Ranch is seeking a dynamic candidate to join our team as a full-time Events Manager. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Events Manager is responsible for the planning, organization and management of all fundraising events. Connolly Ranch Education Center is a nonprofit organization providing farm-based environmental education to over 10,000 children and adults each year on its farm in Napa, California.
- Collaborate with Connolly Ranch management to develop events schedule in a way that reflects and supports the mission of Connolly Ranch in a financially sustainable way; will include both improvement and execution of existing events and creative development of new events, both on and off site.
- Manage aspects of various CRM tools used by Connolly Ranch; to include Greater Giving, Neon and others.
- Lead all event planning and production meetings and discussions. Manage budget and fundraising goals. Provide monthly budget analysis reports to Executive Director and Board Members.
- Create and manage the timeline, program and task list for all events.
- Oversee the solicitation and management of sponsorship for special events. Responsible for development of sponsorship packages, solicitation of sponsorship (cash or in kind), record keeping, tracking, and follow-up.
- Develop and actively manage vendor relationships to ensure best available resources within defined budget. Secure all event deliverables: vendors, and materials necessary to produce the Event, to include catering, decor, entertainment, rentals, delivery, setup/breakdown, etc.
- Coordinate and manage marketing and public awareness efforts for special events. To include written copy, and managing layout and design of event fliers or working, invitations, social media messaging, event signage and other collateral or working within a budget to efficently outsource design aspects.
- Oversee the management and solicitation of creative auctions lot items (Silent, Super Silent & Live) for special events. Responsible for donations: solicitation of items, record keeping, data entry, item tracking, produce and publish an auction catalogue, bid sheets, displays, and auction close-out and thank you cards and gift in kind letters.
- Manage scheduling of staff and volunteers; coordinate, train and oversee staff and/or volunteers prior to and/or during events in order to maximize efficiency and professionalism.
- Manage registration and attendee check-in/check-out, payment processing, and reconciliation for all events.
- Manage donors and auction lot winners after each event: send confirmation letter to outline details, set expectations, schedule, coordinate and execute each auction lot item before the year end or expiration date.
- Perform analysis and review of all major events and develop systems to improve the execution and success of the events program as a whole.
- Attending association, concierge, and networking meetings as a Connolly Ranch representative.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Five (5) years minimum event experience, preferably nonprofit fundraising events
- BA degree preferred experience in non-profit fund development, marketing, and/or communications
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of all aspects of nonprofit event fundraising techniques and strategies
- Donor relationship management experience highly desired
- Advanced computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint); Photoshop, Illustrator/InDesign skills desired
- Expertise in Microsoft WORD, Excel, and with fundraising software and database management, preferable Greater Giving, Neon and other CRM Tools
- Experience with integrating social media into event planning and execution
Personal Skills, Abilities, Competencies
- High level of professionalism, collaboration and exceptional interpersonal skills, a self-starter able to prioritize in complex situations
- Ability to build relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Excellent public speaking, writing, creative writing, and editing capabilities required
- Strong affinity, passion or experience in farm-based/nature-based education, sustainability, outdoor education, environmental stewardship, garden-based/farm-to-table education preferred, but not required
- Significant experience using / implementing fundraising databases and donor management systems
- A self-starter who works well independently and in groups, ability to organize and prioritize work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to carry out responsibilities with little day-to-day supervision. Superior time management skills, multi-tasking abilities, and team-playing skills.
- Creative, resourceful and flexible.
- Ability to solve problems in the moment of an event with confidence and in a calm manner.
- Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Initiative, follow-through, sound and accurate judgment with an ability to support and
explain reasoning for decisions, include appropriate people in decision-making process,
and ensure timely decisions are made.
- Able to lift and carry up to 45 pounds on a regular basis; ability to stand and walk on rugged terrain for 8+ hours a day and comfortable in natural environments.
- Successful completion of background check and periodic employee screening.
- Must be available to work some nights and weekends, especially during events.
How to Apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter and event manager application. Be sure to add a short description of your event, nonprofit or managerial background in the email to: email@example.com with subject: Event Manager Position. Preference for pdf files. Pertinent questions or clarifications welcomed. Position to be filled as soon as the right candidate is identified. Application deadline April 25 by 5pm.
Salary Range: $45,000-60,000 and commensurate with experience. Plus, additional benefits including vacation, sick and holiday paid time off, wellness and professional development stipend and the many benefits and rewards of working on an educational farm.
Connolly Ranch provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.